What I Think About Mihaly’s 10 Paradoxes
Mihaly menyatakan ada 10 sikap paradok yang dimiliki oleh orang-orang Kreatif. Tolong analisis dan berikan komentar pribadi Anda terhadap 10 sikap paradok tersebut.
Berikut ini adalah 10 sikap paradok yang dinyatakan oleh Mihaly:
1. Creative people have a great deal of physical energy, but they’re also often quiet and at rest.
2. Creative people tend to be smart yet naive at the same time.
3. Creative people combine playfulness and discipline, or responsibility and irresponsibility.
4. Creative people alternate between imagination and fantasy, and a rooted sense of reality.
5. Creative people trend to be both extroverted and introverted.
6. Creative people are humble and proud at the same time.
7. Creative people, to an extent, escape rigid gender role stereotyping.
8. Creative people are both rebellious and conservative.
9. Most creative people are very passionate about their work, yet they can be extremely objective about it as well.
10. Creative people’s openness and sensitivity often exposes them to suffering and pain, yet also to a great deal of enjoyment.
From Creativity: The Work and Lives of 91 Eminent People, by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, published by HarperCollins, 1996.
Analisis dan komentar Anda (personal bukan kelompok) boleh dalam bahasa Indonesia atau English.
Above is an assignment that my lecturer gave me. Actually, it was given weeks ago, but I am too lazy to do it. So here I am, doing this assignment. Talking about Mihaly’s theory about the characteristics of creative people. Telling you all what do I think about it.
Here’s the deal, for me creativity cannot be measured. Creativity cannot be categorized. Creativity cannot be limited. The bottom line is creative people has their own uniqueness and characteristics at living their life. I am not saying that Mihaly’s theory is wrong, but it’s just not so important for me. What’s the use of giving people knowledge about creative people’s characteristics? Of course it would give us knowledge, but is it the kind of knowledge that is important to us? I don’t think so, because creativity is not based on characteristics, it’s based on everything that are existed in the whole universe. For me, Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi should talks about other things that are more important for the sake of creativity, like telling people that creativity knows no limit, because for me that’s the most important thing about creativity.